Here I’ve got all the binding on, and as the pictures progress, you can see things start to clean up. I used a pneumatic orbital sander for the clean up.
Now it’s time to fit the neck. Neck angle is part of the process that I’ve not gotten right most of the time. I think it’s pretty good on this one.
On a classical the neck tilts the opposite way that it does on a steel string. Because of this, the bottom of the fingerboard extension has to be ramped:
Here it’s “dry” assembled. The neck won’t be attached until the finish is finished. And actually, I’m using a bolt on neck, and won’t be gluing the FB extension, so I’ll be able to easily remove it if need be.
More to come tomorrow. Thanks for following along, and please, anyone is welcome to comment or ask questions if I’m not making something clear.