New uke

Just strung this one up yesterday. It’s a baritone uke, with the body shape based on a jumbo guitar.

The scale length is 19.5″.

Nut width is 1.5″

The back and sides are osage orange.

Top is cedar, with spruce bracing. There are 5 fan braces, and no bridge patch.

Bridge, rosette, and headstock veneer are osage.

Binding is curly hickory. Tough stuff.  Which is good since I dropped this on the concrete floor while spraying it.  😀

I for strings I used the A, D, G, and B strings from a classical set, and tuned them DGBE. Seems to work fine.

I used a Virzi plate, which broke off in the fall, but here you can see the bracing, and also that I used a C-block and bolt-on neck.

Image

Some finished pics:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s