A while back I started building a violin, but stopped because I didn’t have all the tools and supplies I needed. I’m wrapping up some guitar projects, and am going to take a break from those for a while, so decided to pick up where I left off with the violin.
So I placed an order with International Violin for some stuff I needed. But I suffered some sticker shock when I saw how much they want for gouges. 😮 (Gouges are needed for carving the front, back, and neck scroll) So, since I am, after all, an edged tool maker, as well as cheap, I decided to make some myself.
I don’t feel like typing a lot, so I’ll just let the pictures tell the story. If anyone has any questions, please ask.
It’s tempering now, so should get it finished tomorrow…