(insert creative post title here)

Well, it’s still winter, so things are still moving a little slowly. But, praise God, the ice and snow are finally melting. So there’s hope, and a reason to go on. 😉

I’ve been working on a couple of nice fighters for a customer, and I’ll probably be posting those here in a day or two. But today I’m going to post a knife that was supposed to be one of those blades. I was doing the final sanding and etching, when I found a crack in the steel, inside the choil. I’ve rarely ever had a blade crack, and never in this place or manner. I’ve no idea what caused it, but it must have happened in the quench, because I would have noticed it before that.

Anyway, I of course couldn’t sell it, so I finished it out and and put on it a guard and block of walnut that were rejects from other projects.

So, here’s some pictures of one of my failures:

Back in december, I started building an electric cello, based on this one I found online:

http://www.amazon.com/NS-Design-Electric-4-String-Finish/dp/B006FYDAX4

I finished it a few weeks ago. It sounds reasonably good. I did not spend much money on strings, (you can spend well over $100 just for one cello string) so I’m sure if I upgraded them, it would sound even better. The C and G strings seem particularly weak to me.

My design has a lot of guitar elements in it.

I’m sure I’ll be making an acoustic soon…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s